Code Of Conduct
WOMBATS CODE OF CONDUCT FOR SENIOR PLAYERS
Wombats is a club committed to fostering a safe environment for players and members of all ages to get the most out of hockey. Hockey is a fun, challenging and exciting team sport and it is the clubs belief that a positive code of behaviour will facilitate a more enjoyable game of hockey for everyone involved.
Wombats Hockey Club encourages and promotes the highest standard of behaviour and sportsmanship. This includes showing respect at all times to each other, players from other teams, coaches, managers, umpires, spectators, parents and others that support us on and off the field.
- Fairness – Operating within the spirit of the rules, never taking an unfair advantage and making informed and honourable decisions at all times.
- Respect – Recognising the contribution which people make to sport, treating them with dignity and consideration, as well as caring for the property and equipment they use.
- Responsibility – taking responsibility for one’s actions and being a positive role model at all times.
- Safety – Encouraging healthy and safe procedures, preventing and reporting dangerous behaviour, while demonstrating concern for others.
MEMBERS CODE OF CONDUCT
Be a good sport
- Always be involved with the game with respect, integrity and fairness
- Control your temper
- Bad language, derogatory remarks, sledging others or provoking an opponent or any other person is not an acceptable or permitted behaviour in any sport
- Accept responsibility for all your actions
Respect your opponent
- Treat your opponent and all others the way you would like to be treated
- Do not engage in inappropriate and/or physical contact with players or officials during the course of play
- Thank the opposition at the end of the game.
- Accept and respect the official’s decision
- Issues should be raised it in a professional way with the coach or captain after the game.
- IF you have played, then thank the official at the end of the game
Respect for others
- Refrain from using obscene, offensive or insulting language and/or making obscene gestures which may insult others on or off the field
- Be a positive role model at all times.